Updated: Mar 20
Stay moving this summer with dance clinics, camps, and intensives for children, as well as open community ballet and pop-up masterclasses for teens & adults!
We're excited to offer continued training opportunities this summer! Whether you have a little one who can't get enough of performing living room ballets, or if you yourself want to refine technique, there's something for everyone.
“When you dance, you can enjoy the luxury of being you.” - Paulo Coelho
All children's programs below can be booked through our website's "Summer Programs" tab. Any adult/open community drop-in classes must be booked through our booking system here.
Offered summer of 2021:
1) KIDS’ ACRO SERIES - JUNE Ages: 8-12 Mondays, June 7-28, 5:00-6:30pm $125
Monday-Build strength, flexibility, and body awareness in these four Acro clinics designed to introduce students to acrobatic and tumbling basics, as well as inform dancers how to properly align their bodies for successful postures, tricks, and performative acro skills. These 1.5 hour long classes run every Monday in June from 5:00-6:30 pm.
Dancers should wear gymnastics or dance dance leotards with bare feet. Bring a water bottle! Masks required until Anchorage mandates permit otherwise.
2) KIDS’ DANCE EXPLORATION CAMPS - JULY Ages: 4-7
Session 1: July 12-16
Session 2 : July 19-23 $225
Discover the exciting world of dance over the course of a week! Dancers will be introduced to the foundations of ballet, jazz, modern, improvisation, as well as rhythm and musicality.
Daily two-hour classes include themed dance instruction and games, story time and a healthy snack, music lessons, and choreography that culminates in an in-studio parent showing.
Dancers are invited to wear any color/style dance wear or dress up creatively for each day’s theme. Ballet slippers or bare feet recommended. Bring a water bottle!
Monday: Princess Ballet
Tuesday: Broadway Jazz
Wednesday: Superhero Modern
Thursday: Creative Movement
Friday: Dance review, *in-studio parent showing at 2:50pm
3) SUMMER INTENSIVE - AUGUST 2-6 Intermediate/Advanced ages 13+ Beginner/Intermediate ages 9+ Monday-Friday, 10:00am-4:00pm $350 half day, $600 full day This full day of focused training is designed to push experienced and young dancers to the next level. Motivating classes in varying styles include conditioning courses to prepare dancers for the start of fall semester. Dancers will need to bring a healthy sack lunch. Masks are required until municipal mandates state otherwise.
4) ONGOING SUMMER CLASSES/OPEN DIVISION: * Don't miss our ballet/pointe technique and variations series running Mondays, June 7-August 23, from 6:15-8:00pm. For dancers with experience ages 13+; register online in advance under "courses."
* Special pop-up workshop classes this summer! * Plenty of awesome drop-in classes run at our Annex every week. From Yoga and Beginning Hip Hop to Vixen Fitness, there's a class for you! Get started: 3 classes for just $33.